Pursuant to the Substantive Rules Applicable to Electric Service Providers, at Texas Administrative Code, Title 16, Part 2, Chapter 25, Subchapter R, § 25.486(f), SmarterChoice LLC hereby discloses the following information:
The broker’s registered name, business mailing address, and contact information:
- SmarterChoice LLC is an Arizona Limited Liability Company that owns and operates the www.SmarterChoice.com website and has a mailing address of 2525 E Camelback Road STE 810 in Phoenix, AZ 85016. We can also be contacted by emailing support@SmarterChoice.com or by calling (888) 969-4367
The broker’s commission registration number:
- SmarterChoice LLC is registered with the Public Utility Commission of Texas as an Electric Broker under registration number BR210238
The registered name of any REP that is an affiliate of the broker:
- SmarterChoice LLC is not affiliated with any Retail Electric Provider (REP) as defined or contemplated under the Substantive Rules Applicable to Electric Utility Service Providers, at Texas Administrative Code, Title 16, Part 2, Chapter 25, Subchapter A, § 25.5.
A clear description of the services the broker will provide for the client:
- SmarterChoice LLC provides an online electricity choice shopping dashboard that lets users compare the pricing and terms of various electric plans from various providers, and assists in the purchase of one of those plans should user choose to utilize the site for that purpose.
The duration of the agreement to provide brokerage services, if applicable:
- If you use the www.SmarterChoice.com website to purchase an electric plan only, there is no agreement between you and SmarterChoice LLC beyond that activity. If you use the www.SmarterChoice.com website to pull and or monitor your electric usage through Smart Meter Texas the agreement between you, SmarterChoice LLC and Smart Meter Texas will continue as outlined in the Smart Meter Texas agreement you ‘confirmed’ thought our site or email (usually 12 months).
A description of how the broker will be compensated for providing brokerage services and by whom:
- www.SmarterChoice.com is free to use. If a user uses our site to purchase an electric plan we are typically (but not always) compensated by the provider of that plan in the form of a channel partner sales commission.
How the client can terminate the agreement to provide brokerage services, if applicable:
- A user can terminate their Broker or Smart Meter Texas agreement with SmarterChoice LLC at any time for any reason by sending a notice of termination to support@SmarterChoice.com
The amount of any fee or other cost the client will incur for terminating the agreement to provide brokerage services, if applicable:
- There is no fee or other cost associated with a user terminating their Broker or Smart Meter Texas agreement with SmarterChoice LLC
The commission’s telephone number and email address for complaints and inquiries:
- A person may file an informal complaint with the commission by contacting the commission at: Public Utility Commission of Texas, Customer Protection Division, P.O. Box 13326, Austin, Texas 78711-3326; (512) 936-7120 or in Texas (toll-free) 1-888-782-8477, fax (512) 936-7003, e-mail address: [email protected], Internet website address: puc.texas.gov, TTY (512) 936-7136, and Relay Texas (toll-free) 1-800-735-2989.