Last Updated: January 03, 2022
We have attempted to provide clear explanations of this Policy so that you can decide for yourself whether to use our Site, or not. By using our Site, you consent to the collection and use of this information as outlined in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, and our Terms of Service, you cannot use our Site. If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us by email at: support@SmarterChoice.com or by postal mail at: SmarterChoice LLC - 2525 E Camelback Rod STE 810 - Phoenix, AZ
PLEASE REVIEW THIS POLICY CAREFULLY. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS POLICY, AND ANY OTHER TERMS, POLICIES AND DISCLOSURES INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFFERENCE.
Overview of Policy
SmarterChoice has created this Policy to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of our users. We are committed to respecting your privacy and recognizing your need for appropriate protection and management of your personal data.
SmarterChoice considers any data that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you, as “Personal Data”. This means that data that can directly identify you, such as your name, is Personal Data, and also data that does not directly identify you, but that can reasonably be linked to you, such as service-related information, is Personal Data. Aggregated data is considered non-personal data for the purposes of this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy is to disclose the type of Personal Data that we collect, how we use such information, who we may share it with, and the choices you have regarding your ability to review and correct it. By visiting our Site, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Data as described in this Policy.
It is important that you understand what SmarterChoice is, and does. SmarterChoice provides a platform through which users can purchase goods or services from third parties. SmarterChoice acts as a marketplace platform for these third party service providers and their products. You understand and agree that by using our Site, you are directing SmarterChoice to intentionally disclose Personal Data about you to these third parties or are using SmarterChoice to intentionally interact with these third parties.
For your benefit, the most recent version of this Policy is posted in the footer of our home page.
Personal Data We Collect
The type and scope of Personal Data that we collect depends on, among other things, the services we want to offer you and how you choose to interact with our Site. In general, we may collect the following kinds of Personal Data, either from you directly, through your use of our Site, or from third party service providers, business partners, affiliates, or contractors:
- Contact Information. Data such as your name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information.
- Third Party Information. Data that you have shared with, or was generated by, other third parties, along with ID codes, t-codes, account numbers, or other means of identifying you within those third party platforms.
- Service-related Information. Data such as your start service or end service date, previous, current or future address, credit history and score, current or past service providers, account and billing information, plans selections, order status, historical usage data, or other service-related information.
- Proof of Identity. Data such as your Driver’s License and number, or other acceptable photo ID, and State of issuance, Social Security number, or other evidence that may be needed, or can be used, to confirm your identity.
- Electronic Interaction. Data on when and how you interact with our Site, including a digital recording of your sessions, if and when you open our email communications, and which internal links you click.
- Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as an IP address, device serial number, or about your device, such as screen resolutions and browser type.
- Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information.
- Location Attributes. Data such as square footage, year built, number of occupants, ESIID, meter number, and other location specific information.
- Other Information You Provide. Other details such as the content of your communications with us, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels, or other related interactions.
- Other Information from Third Party Providers. We may receive other information or data from third parties about you that we don’t use or retain.
Just to be clear, you are not obligated to provide any of the Personal Data that we may request. However, if you choose not to you may be unable to fully utilize our Site. Certain activities, such as ordering certain services, cannot be completed without additional Personal Data from you.
Sources of Personal Data Collection
SmarterChoice collects Personal Data from the following sources:
- Directly from you through your use of the Site or through communications with us,
- Service providers,
- Business partners,
- Third parties authorized to share information with us,
- Publicly available sources and registries,
- Government entities.
Use of Personal Data
SmarterChoice uses Personal Data in a variety of ways, the most common of which are outlined below.
- Customizing Our Site. Personal Data is used by our Site to personalize what services you are shown so that only relevant data, products and providers are shown to you.
- Process Your Transactions. Personal Data is used to verify your identity, obtain credit references and process transactions initiated by you though our Site.
- Communicate with You. Personal Data may be used to make initial contact with you, to respond to specific request from you, to reach out to you about your transactions or account, to market our products and services, to request information or feedback, or for any other reasonable purpose.
- Service and Product Development. Personal Data may be used to identify popular services, enhance Site usefulness, and spot locations in our Site that experience high bounce, or end session, rates.
- Fraud Prevention. Personal Data may be used to identify and help prevent fraud.
- For Regulatory and Legal Compliance. Personal Data may be used or shared as necessary, to comply with any lawful government request or court order, to protect or defend us or our affiliates in a regulatory or legal proceeding, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to otherwise protect our business interests.
- Other Business Purposes. Personal Data may also be used for any one of the specific “business purposes” described in the California Consumer Privacy Act. Namely, auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer; detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; identifying and debugging errors that impair functionality or other permissible short-term transient use.
Sharing of Personal Data
SmarterChoice may share your Personal Data with SmarterChoice-affiliated companies, service providers, or third party business partners, affiliates, contractors, or other entities.
- Service Providers. If you purchase a product or service from our Site we will likely need to share certain Personal Data about you with that service provider to complete the transaction.
- Third Party Business Partners. SmarterChoice partners with a wide range of third party partners, such as real estate and property management companies, to generate leads and to introduce our Site to you. In return we may share certain Personal Data, such as if, when and how you utilized our Site, or by providing requested documentation, such as ‘proof of service’, if you were to purchase certain products through us, such as an insurance policy or electricity plan.
- Third Party Affiliates. SmarterChoice, through our affiliate marketing program, works with third party affiliates to push traffic (users) to our Site. In return we may share certain Personal Data with them, such as who they sent to us and whether or not those users used any of our services.
- Third Party Contractors. If, as part of our services to you, we need to perform certain tasks, such as obtaining credit scores or processing a payment, we may share your Personal Data with third party contractors to perform those tasks.
- Business Service Providers. SmarterChoice may engage third parties to act as service providers and perform certain tasks on our behalf, such as processing or storing data, including personal data, in support of our Site.
- Other Entities. There may be situations where other entities, not covered above, may have a legitimate need for certain Personal Data to perform certain tasks, such as responding to a request from you. Depending on the task, we may share certain Personal Data with them to complete the task.
Cookies and Other Data Technologies
Information gathered may include the date and time of visits, pages viewed and in what order, overall time spent at our Site or on individual pages, the sites visited just before and just after visiting our site, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the IP address of the computer you are using, and the type of browser, device or operating system used. This information is logged for internal use by SmarterChoice, including helping diagnose technical problems and to administer the Site in a manner that allows us to constantly improve the quality of the services provided to you.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are required in order for the Site to operate properly and to allow you to browse our Site and use our services as intended. Without these cookies, services such as shopping carts and e-billing cannot be provided.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies allow our Site to recognize and remember you and the choices you make while using our Site.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to our Site from one of their websites and if your visit resulted in the purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased.
- Targeted/Advertising Cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
If you want to know when cookies are being placed on your computer you can set your browser to alert you when a website attempts to place one. If you do not wish to transmit any cookie information, you can disable the cookie function in your browser.
Pixel Tags. We may use “pixel tags” (aka “web beacons” or “clear GFI’s”) or similar technologies, in the Site and/or in our communications with you, for example, to enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message. A pixel tag is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an email or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
FullStory. We may use FullStory to monitor and record your interaction with our Site. The FullStory analytics service uses heat mapping and records mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, and keystrokes during your use of our Site. This information helps us identify and address technical issues and understand usage of our Site, which we use to improve the Site for you. You can opt-out of our use of FullStory here: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/
Google Analytics. we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users use our products and services – you can read more about how Google uses our information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and you can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Protection of Personal Data. The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. When we collect your Personal Data online, we use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard and protect it from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
How Long We Keep Personal Data. We retain information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data, for business purposes and as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. We will also retain the information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time.
Children and Personal Data. Minors (children under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised, and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use the Site in conjunction with, and under the constant supervision and consent of, your parents or guardians. But in NO case do we want nor solicit any personal information from minor children, i.e. those under the age of eighteen (18) years old. In certain other countries there are higher legal minimums for using a website unsupervised – in those countries the higher legal limits apply.
We take special care to protect the privacy needs of children and encourage parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities. Our Site does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from them. If we discover personal data from a child through our Site, we will eliminate that data.
Do Not Track Request. SmarterChoice does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Links to Other Websites. Our Site contains links to third party websites. If you click on a third party link, you will be taken to a platform we do not control. This Policy does not apply to the information practices of that website or platform. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those companies carefully before sharing additional Personal Data with them. We are not responsible for these third parties.
Third Party Hosting. We may contract with one or more third parties to maintain and host the Site. Therefore, any information you submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third party host. Any such third party has agreed to implement technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use.
California Privacy Rights. California consumers have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here to go to our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
Safe Harbor. SmarterChoice adheres to the U.S. safe harbor privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. Accordingly, SmarterChoice’s transfer of your personal data to non-European Union nations that do not meet the stringent European Union “adequacy” standard for privacy protection is prohibited, and SmarterChoice will not transfer your personal data to any such nation. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us through the Site.
Users Outside of the United States. Our Site is hosted in the United States, our products and services are provided from the United States, and our Site is targeted to our users who are located in the United States. Certain information may be stored on servers in other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a user accessing our Site from the European Union, Asia or any other region with laws governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your Personal Data outside your home jurisdiction, and that by providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Data to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use and disclosure of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to This Policy. We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will post a link to the revised Policy on the homepage of our site. You can tell when this Policy was last updated by looking at the date at the top of the Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the site. Use of the Site, any of the services, and/or providing consent to the updated Policy following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
Click here to Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy.